Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Identification Wood Propeller !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Identification Wood Propeller !!!!

Over 8 feet length in great condition. Unknown make, or model. Has some numbers. (see photos) Would love to know its origin or manufacturer, value etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

You need to be able to read those numbers. Don't remove anything to do that but see if you can decipher them with a magnifying glass and a light source that you can move around to illuminate it from different angles.

It could be anything based on its appearance alone.

Comment

The G number, G7245, suggests it is British from the 1930s and the hint of fabric at the tips does as well. Could you measure it from tip to tip for us. This would help.

With kind regards,

Bob
      Bob Gardner
      Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
      http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gardner View Post
        The G number, G7245, suggests it is British from the 1930s and the hint of fabric at the tips does as well. Could you measure it from tip to tip for us. This would help.

With kind regards,

Bob
        thank you I will

Comment

Dimensions Propeller

These are the dimensions. Hope they will help

Length 98.5 inches

Hub width 9.25"

Center Hole (Hub diameter) 3.75"

Mounting Holes (distance apart) 2.75

Hope this helps. I would like to sell the propeller and would be more practical if I knew what the value is.

Comment

Finding any other Numbers, inscriptions etc

I could find any other numbers or inscriptions. The propeller photographs I sent showing there inscriptions is the best on can do.

If some one could give me an approximate idea and likely associated with the type of aircraft it come from, would also help me.

Thank You

Comment

Working...
            X