Can Any One Help Me ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Any One Help Me ?

Can Any One Help Me ? A friend Of Mine Purchased A Propeller From An Auction Last Year But Knows Nothing Of Its Identity . Its About 10-12 Ft Long , Has Ten Bolt Holes Around The Centre Flange , The Tips Are Covered In Alliminium As Are The Propleller Edges . Originaly It was Painted In A Dark Brown Paint Which Has Since Been Stripped And Varnished Which Exposed Some Numbers . The Numbers Are As Follows ... SER 42 No 1636
    BRE 19 B2
    REN 480 cv

I Have Some Images But At This Point In Time Im Having Difficulty Transfering Them To This Document .

I Hope Some Body Can Help Me .

It's probably a post WW1 propeller for a Breguet 19 with a Renault engine. The "Ser" refers to "Series" and is the identifying number, although I don't have reference to it in any of my WW1 listings. The "No." just refers to a serial number. The markings seem fairly specific, however.
    Dave

Comment

The Breguet 19 came into service with the French Air Force from 1924. Your prop is from the B2 variant, a light bomber, rather than the A2 model which was the recce version.

With regards,

Bob Gardner
      www.aeroclocks.com
      Bob Gardner
      Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
      http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Working...
      X