• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys I found 2 more....

How about a little info on these ones.
    Are they collectible or possible value?
    They are both in very good condition.
    The first two pics are Avro Anson. sensenich decals.
    The second prop is the last 3 pics which I'm not sure.
    Thanks again,
    Brian
    Attached Files

He wants $1350 for each prop.
    Is this reasonable or over priced?

Comment

The S&S is a very commonly found prop, and the price seems a little high for something that isn't very rare.

I don't know what the second one is for. I think the decal is Laidlaw Lumber and the "43K" usually refers to a 1943 military contract, but I don't see any reference to the suffix. The "X" was sometimes stamped to indicate experimental.

I'm not sure what the Sensenich connection is, other than it may be a Sensenich design number.
      Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave!
        I really appreciate it.
        I just want to find a prop that's something unusual and worth the dollar I'm going to pay.

Comment

S & S opinion

Hello from Dennis in Seattle, and welcome to the forum. As an owner of 2 of the S & S props that fit avro ansons, let me add my 8 cents worth to this thread.

First of all, dont let guy BS you a bit about the S & S prop, those are not rare and no way in hell is it worth $1300.00. I bought one from this site a couple of months ago and its a great prop and I got it for $400.00 plus shipping which was another $100.00. That is more than fair. In my humble opinion, the S & S props are a great prop for the heft and weight and over all look they have plus the workmanship on them is great as well. As stated by dave, they are common and are not rare and there is a lot of them around that were surplused after the introduction of varible pitch props.

You just have to be wary out there, there are many people that go fishing and try to convince those that dont know the market, and are easily fooled by what some less than reputable website posted as a price for a non rare prop. Take your time and be very selective, and be wary of props that look pristine but in reality are fakes from the islands, e bay is full of them as replica props.

Lets see some full sized pictures of the two props you listed and lets see the condition of them, also, just a heads up to you, props that have been milled out or or hacked roughly to fit a clock in the hub loose value quickly, and be wary of props that have been refinished, its hard to replace or remanufacture original patina.

Ok, enough rambling. Offer that guy that has the S & S prop $400.00 and then see where the prop is and then calculate the freight, and another tip for you, these props dont need a fancy spendy crate to ship them either, bubble wrap and cardboard and duct tape does it just fine and its less weight as well.

Good luck on your potential purchase. The S & S is a great prop and they
          look great on your wall.

Sincerely,
          Dennis Hicklin
          Seattle Washington
          Attached Files

Comment

Excellent suggestions Dennis. Thanks for posting them.

Lamar

Comment

always a pleasure!

Always a pleasure to try to be helpful to those that should NOT have to pay a sky high price for a non rare prop. And you are most welcome Lamar.

Sincerely,
              Dennis Hicklin
              Seattle Washington

Looking out for the greenhorn wingnuts!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by D.Hicklin; 12-19-2013, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X