Unknown propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown propeller

I have a wooden propeller six foot tall complete with metal mechanism attached, very heavy. There is part of the metal along the front edge.

Numbers are:
    433N - 45
    RA 19215

On the other side of the metal piece is 45506U

There is also a rather faint engraving, looks like a cross with one square "point".

It has not been preserved in any way and is made of a pale wood with deep red veins.

I would be very happy if anyone can identify this.

I have enclosed a photo.
    Attached Files

It's part of a variable pitch propeller. See www.notplanejane.com for more information.
    Dave

Comment

re answer from Dave

Hi, you redirected me to another page - notplanejane.com, there is no such site now or it has run out.

Christine

Comment

I have no problem accessing the site. Try clicking on this link: http://notplanejane.com/

Lamar

Comment

Works for me as well. Typo maybe?

http://notplanejane.com/

If that doesn't work you may need to clear out your temporary internet files and restart. Also, it may have been temporarily down for maintenence, etc. Keep trying.
          Dave

Comment

Christine sent some more pics and the following information:

"Numbers on metal mechanism are as follows: 433N - 45/RA 19215/85752 with a 4 under the 2/455060. There is also a small circle with a star in it but one of the points of the star is squared off."

Christine, I'm not sure why you can't get to Monte Chase's website, but try one of the URL's listed in posts above this. It's working for us, so something in you internet cache may be preventing you from accessing it.
            Attached Files
            Dave

Comment

Christine,

If you still cannot reach the website you may want to email your pictures and questions to Monty Chase at mdchase at msn.com (written this way to foil the email harvesting bots). Replace the word at with the @ symbol as usual.

Lamar

Comment

Not unknown propeller

Thanks for all the help from you guys. I have been told its a variable pitch propeller - Dowty Rotol - probably from a Vikers Wellington. Checked the pictures on Monty Chase's site and this seems to be the one. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X