Sensenich propellers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich propellers

I have a Sensenich Bros. propeller with a model# 43K33447 Ser.#AF-13C5235. The numbers on the ser.# may not be completly correct. The center of the hub is covered by a piece of shiny steel with a brass star in the center of it and the back is ciovered by a piece of wood. However, my interest in this propeller is different from the others.
    I obtained this prop from my wife's grandmother when we purchased her home some years ago, with absolutely no history with it. Through my research I found that Sensenich told me that it was in fact military contract product but when I posed my next questions they could answer me. About two years ago I walked into a small country store and noticed a prop hanging on the wall exactly like the one I own. I inquired about the prop and was told the following : Sensenich Bros. offered some decoration props to employees at the Olmstead Air Force base in Middletown Pa. during ww2 provided you purchased a thousand dollar war bond and that was about all the elderly woman could tell me. The story about Olmstead Air Force base matches along the lines in that our grandmother had a uncle that worked as a cilivilian at Olmstead.
    My interest is trying to verify the information I was given but with extensive research on the internet I can find no information to verify the story. I came upon your site while doing more research and thought your people could shed some light on the history. I have no interest in selling this prop. but would like to verify the story and possibly aquiring some sort of documentation i.e. (posters, banners, letters, etc.)Any help and or information would be greatly appreciated.
Working...
X