Sensenich prop with souvenir stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich prop with souvenir stamp

Can someone please help me to determine if my sensenich propeller is authentic? It is a six foot, 6 bolt wooden propeller with DES76C4(either 4 or 8 is the last number).
    I purchased it for a big dollar and upon closer look it is stamped Souvenir on the hub. Was I duped?

Can you post a picture? It may be authentic but just not airworthy.

Also, measure the length from tip to tip. It should be 76"'
    Dave

Comment

Sensenich souvenir

image.jpg
      Dave, thank you for your speedy response. The prop is exactly 76inches and here is a picture. I paid $1400.00. Authentic? Is it really just an old souvenir.
      Thanks for your help.

Comment

It looks authentic to me, with the old style "Lititz" decals. There should be a stamped serial number which will help determine when it was manufactured, but I'm guessing that it was probably 30's or 40's.

I've seen newer ones with the Lancaster style decals stamped "Not Airworthy" and sold as souvenirs, and these may still be available from WagAero. Stamping one as "souvenir" may have been an earlier version of the same process, and would indicate that it did not pass a final inspection, which would account for its pristine condition after 60 or 70 years.

It was a common design and many of them were manufactured over the years. You can see many of the possible aircraft uses on this page.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X