Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help Identifying a wooden Propeller!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help Identifying a wooden Propeller!!

I inherited this wooden propeller from my father who was in the Navy I believe, in the 60's. I've looked through the sites list of serial number types and manufacturers, but there was no match to the serial number, and there is no symbol or mark of a manufacturer anywhere. My mom said something about it possibly being from an unmanned target drone used in training by the navy but I was wondering if I could get some more insight as to what it actually is and if it has any value.
    Thanks!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mithrandir81230; 01-28-2009, 09:53 PM.

What are the numbers?
    Dave

Comment

It has six holes, none of the material or metal mentioned about modern props, and the numbers are 65-0922. As soon as my camera battery is charged, I will post some pics.

Comment

It's the 68008 that's probably the important number. I'm guessing that it's a UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) propeller.
        Dave

Comment

Well Thanks Dave! Is there any way to know maybe where or when it was used or made? It would be cool to know the history of it. And assuming this is a UAV prop, does that mean its probably not worth much?

Comment

Can you post a picture of the entire prop and also give the length of it? I'm not sure it's a UAV, and there isn't much reference material on identifying them.
            Dave

Comment

Sure thing! will do this afternoon!

Comment

Working...
              X