here is a pic of each label
      Attached Files

Comment

pics

here are pics of the engravings
        Attached Files

Comment

ID

I have been trying to research how old it is and what type of plane it was on. I found the list of drawing numbers but is the drawing number for mine?

Comment

The number "43K13605" is a military contract number and may have been used by different manufacturers, sometimes also stamping a specific manufacturer's number as well.

You can go to this page to find that it corresponds to Sensenich number 90JA-81, which you can look up on the Sensenich page to find it listed for several Cessna aircraft using the Jacobs engine. The original length would have been 90 inches and the pitch is 81 inches.

That particular propeller in various forms is quite common. It was used on the Cessna Bobcat (under various other names as well) and produced in large numbers just before a much superior metal propller option was introduced, so there were a lot of surplus wooden props left. Yours is actually a bit more "entertaining" than most of those, however, as it has clearly been put into use and damaged in the process. Be sure not to "fix it up" or it will lose that asset completely.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you for the information

Comment

I meant to add also that the "43" in the number refers to a 1943 contract, although the propeller may have been manufactured some time after that.

Comment

Working...
                X