help id a prop blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help id a prop blade

dear all, have had this prop blade for many years, but untill i was reading flypast magazine, jan 2010 issue, i never really thought much about it, however in an article about the avro 504, fredrick sage & co was mentioned, this rang bells. when i checked my blade out i found that their logo was indeed on it. is it feasable that it might have come from one of these aircraft,as i am unable to find out what diameter might have been used on the avro, although i know it depends on the engine type fitted.
    sage_prop_info_01 (Small).jpg

More importantly, the drawing number is absent, which would help identify the aircraft it was used for. It's not unusual to find many, many different props produced by one manufacturer, so unfortunately just matching the manufacturer to a known usage is not very accurate.
    Dave

Comment

prop blade id

dear Dave, thanks for the reply, unfortunatley the are no distinguishing marks at all on the blade anywhere, presume these would have been on the hub, which is absent, as i only have one side of the prop. cheers grainman.

Comment

Working...
      X