Curtis H16 Matthews Bros Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtis H16 Matthews Bros Propeller

Selling my c 1918 Curtis H16 Matthews Bros (Hamilton) propeller. It is HALF of the propeller, cut exactly in half at the hub. Asking $400.
    Attached Files

curious?

I am curious to hear the story first, of how this prop got cut in half and WHY that happened, and what exactly was the basis for asking price listed.

Sincerely,
    D.Hicklin

Comment

I have had the prop for about 20 yrs. I can only imagine that the propeller was damaged and the remaining "good" part was cut off and saved. The price I believe is fair based on current prices.

Comment

price reality

With all due respect, its half of a prop, meaning its simply that, NOT a full sized prop. Granted it has a certain amount of appeal, but I shall wait to see what dave and lamar have to say about the priced asked for it.

Respectfully,
        J. Dennis Hicklin

Comment

I don't think the price is particularly way out of line, especially if the stamped information is on that blade, but finding someone who wants half a prop can be a little challenging. Certainly the Hamilton/Matthews decal has some value in its own right.
          Dave

Comment

I agree with Dave. This artifact seems to be in very good shape and the decal is a definite asset. All things considered, I don't find the price out of line either.

Lamar

Comment

assumption

I assume it will wind up on E-Bay, it will be interesting to see what the selling price will eventually be, thanks for the opinions expressed by dave and lamar.

Comment

I've got someone that might be interested. Do you have any other photos of the hub and the blade section near the hub?
                Dave

Comment

Another propeller

I have sold the Curtis ½ prop locally to a business associate who wants to display it in his office at a local General Aviation airport. I have a second ½ prop that I have had in storage. I am not sure what it is from. It is a Matthews Bros. prop which I believe was 8’8” since the half I have is 52”. It has a 3 1/8” bore; 8 – ½” bolt holes; hub thickness is about 4 5/8”. It has a good Matthews Bros. label. The only marking is the US Navy stamp on the hub. The finish is not great; looks like it could use some linseed oil –if that’s what you do with it.
                  Any suggestions on what it is from? It looks like a slightly smaller version of the Curtis H16.
                  Asking $400.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Beekman View Post
                    I have sold the Curtis ½ prop locally to a business associate who wants to display it in his office at a local General Aviation airport.

.Asking $400.
                    You lying fool. How much of the current prop for sale do you actually have?

Your first "sale" was of my own propeller, photos of which you downloaded from the web and claimed as your own. I still have the entire propeller downstairs as we speak.

Ordinarily I would simply ban a member who posts fraudulent or misleading information in an attempt to sell something. In your case I'm leaving the thread here as a monument to stupidity.

(Thanks to alert member D.Hicklin for pointing this out to me.)
                    Attached Files
                    Dave

Comment

the mighty hammer of truth

As you can see, the The TBM is the hammer of truth, as it thwarts the falsehood of snakeoil offered up by the homebuilt, pictures are amazing when it comes to dealing with reality.

Respectfully.
                      D. Hicklin
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X