Pair of Sesenich props from a cessna t-50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pair of Sesenich props from a cessna t-50

I am trying to see what these are worth. I know with no pics it is hard to say, but the props are in fair condition. I know they are off of a Cessna T-50. The prop hubs are on the props.

Without being able to see them I wouldn't even hazard a guess. Can you post pictures?

Lamar

Comment

Interested in buying

I'd be interested in seeing a photo of your propellers and to make an offer. Please email me directly kitfox91JE @ hotmail . com. Get rid of those spaces..just trying to avoid spam.

To figure value i'd look at actual sales on Ebay. Not listing prices but actual sales. There is one on ebay with a buy-it-now of $2500, i predict it will stay on ebay a long long time at that price.

I bought a similar 98AA66 for a Stearman for $880 airworthy, Sensenich will carve it new for $2500 or overhaul one for $1000. The T-50 prop is not quite as popular. The hubs are valuable, i paid $500 with bolts and thought it a good deal. You have to be careful though...its easy to find one with damage/corrosion. Just one guys opinion.

This is my first post on the forum..so to introduce myself, my name is Dan. I'm building a one-off biplane with an R680 radial. I picked up the 98AA66 and a hub a couple of years back. I've been watching a lot of auctions and doing a lot of buying/selling/tradiing parts as i work on my project. I plan to try a few stock props when i get airborne and then maybe have something custom carved based on the results.

Comment

Those props seem to be fairly common, for some reason. I agree about eBay. You can only go by the completed sales prices, not the BuyItNow or any other unrealized prices. There isn't a large enough market to establish "value" on a consistent basis, and it does fluctuate quite a bit, and is also dependent on condition.
        Dave

Comment

t-50

the cessna t-50 before the war was powered by jacobs 225 hp and a wooden prop. with the war the army called it uc-78 but wanted a lycoming 290 hp and a constant speed prop so coverted many t-50 to uc-78.that left many good and new wooden props with no use.
          john

Comment

Originally posted by john drews View Post
            the cessna t-50 before the war was powered by jacobs 225 hp and a wooden prop. with the war the army called it uc-78 but wanted a lycoming 290 hp and a constant speed prop so coverted many t-50 to uc-78.that left many good and new wooden props with no use.
            john
            Thanks for that information, which certainly makes a lot of sense. There do seem to be clusters of certain propellers around which probably have similar explanations. The HS2L props from the late teens, used by the Navy, might have something like that to explain their abundance among collectors.
            Dave

Comment

Hello Dan, I was hopeing that you could help me by directing anyone who might be interested in buying my two seisinich uc-78/T-50 bamboo bomber propellers with airworthy hubs? The props are not airworthy but the hubs are great. If you know anyone interested please direct them to m jeffolsen at jeffolsen4@myway.com. I also have pictures on this forum for viewing. Thanks Dan. Jeff olsen I will also e-mail you today.
              Last edited by jeffolsen; 06-28-2009, 09:20 AM. Reason: update

Comment

Propellers

I recently aquirred 3 props, but dont know if they have value. Two of them are made by Sensenich. Any help?
                Thanks
                Brad

Comment

Working...
                X