Need drawings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need drawings

Hello- I am looking for schematics, or drawings for any WWI laminated propellers. We are gathering a resource to use in future restorations and reconstructions, and any help in the specific area of propellers from late 1800 to the early 1930's would be appreciated.

I am hoping to find full scale drawings for the Axial, and many other props from WWI.

We are restoring a Bitz built Fokker Dr1 Triplane, and hope to build our prop for it this Winter. Again, any help is greatly appreciated

Those drawings must have been fairly readily available in the times when the propellers were being produced, since often several manuafacturers would be making them.

Unfortunately, they are now almost non-existent, as near as I can tell. The only drawings I've seen have been re-created by measurements on existing propellers.
    Dave

Comment

Would you know of any resources for these drawings? I have asked Achim Engels in Germany about this as well, and have consulted others to no immediate avail.
      I am willing to buy copies of drawings for most of the WWI era props, if such a thing is possible.

Comment

prop drawings

Gday

I have some basic drawings of a prop that is on the AWM albatros, it is marked as an AXial brand prop for 160hp etc.
        I have the traced plan view, sketched hub side view and a number of sections that could be used to create a reasonable prop I think. I have had it for years but without confirmation of the prop I have been sitting on it. I had hoped that one day Bob may even be able to make measurements of the props in his collection for research purposes. Im still hunting for a really good set of drawings for a 160Hp merc prop to go on the albatros.

Chris

Comment

The Axial prop is the one that I had been hoping to practice on, and understand that the drawings were available in the 1996 #153 issue of Aero magazine as well, but thought it better to ask someone in the community.

I hope to create props for our Dr1, DVII, and Pfalz DIII
          Any drawings of these, or any 4 bladed props would be very appreciated.

Thanks for the time.

Comment

Working...
          X