Can anyone help me identify this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me identify this?

My father has an old wooden propeller that he thinks is from a Sopwith Pup but would like to confirm this if possible and get an idea of what it might be worth. It's 8'3" in length and has some repairs.
    Attached Files

Can you post a photo of the decal?

It might fit a Sopwith Pup, but it doesn't have the markings typical of a British manufactured prop. Are there any other stamps on it, including small inspection stamps?

Comment

The only markings are those shown in the one photo I posted.

Comment

Decal? It could help to know the manufacturer. British propellers will typically have a drawing number stamped along with other data. (See this example.)That number will refer to the original design company, but several other manufacturers might use it under a license agreement.

This prop appears to be a reproduction that was actually mounted on an aircraft (vs. display prop).

Comment

Thanks for your response, just checked with Dad and it has a sticker on it that says Fahlin Propellers - Ole Fahlin, Sunnyvale, Calif. Photo attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, that's a reproduction prop made to use on a Le Rhône engine, but you can't determine the specific aircraft make and model from the information you have.

It’s certainly high quality manufactured, but not particularly valuable to a collector due to its damage and reproduction basis. The only way to know a specific value is to offer it on eBay and see what anyone is willing to pay.

Comment

Many thanks for all your help.

Comment

Working...
              X