WWI Reschke Propeller used with Rupp Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWI Reschke Propeller used with Rupp Hub

This is my first post and I would like to begin by saying what a wonderful resource I consider this forum.

A few months ago, more or less on a whim, I did an online search for a WWI propeller, and as luck would have it, found one online that someone in Ohio was had posted on Craig's List that very day. Within hours I learned who the experts were, among them Bob Gardner, from whom I learned that this propeller was built in 1917 by Reschke (it still had a nice iron cross still on it as was typical of Reschke propellers) and was built for the Mercedes 160 motor. Most interesting, however, was that it was used with the Rupp quick-release hub. According to Bob, it is the earliest known prop that uses this type of hub. I bought it on Bob's advice and am ecstatic that I did so.

I apparently can not post photos here, so if anyone is interested, simply send me a message and I will send you some.

For anyone seriously interested in WWI German propellers, Bob's recent CD book (volumes 3 & 4) is indispensable. It is well-researched, interesting and packed with information. In the short time I have known him I have grown to appreciate his dedication to and knowledge of WWI propellers, as well as his engaging demeanor.

This photo shows that this was used with the Mercedes 160 motor.

This photo shows the hub. At some point in its history the serial number was erased.

This photo shows the iron cross and part of the Reschke name.

This photo shows the entire prop.

This photo shows the 4 holes used for the Rupp quick-release hub.

(I edited this post to add Smitty's photos - Lamar)

Everyone can post photos here. Please follow the instructions in the topic named How To Get Photos and Upload to the Forum or email them to me and I'll be more than happy to post them for you. Congratulations on what sounds like a wonderful prop!

Lamar

Comment

Hi. My last name is Reschke and I would like to purchase a Reschke Propeller. Does anyone know where I can get one. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
      X