Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• propeller identification

Hello,

I am new on the forum and would like to ask if someone can identify this oak? propeller for me?.

It measures 2.50 meter
    centre bore 8cm
    bolt hole circle 18.3cm
    hub diameter 22cm

Is it from Eastern Europe?, means "His" Hispano? What is the name of the manufacturer?What type of aircraft could be involved?I purchased this prop about 15 years ago here in the Netherlands.
    Thanks for your help,
    Regards, Kees

I'd say that 220 HP Hisso (Hispano Suiza) engine is likely, but I don't recognize anything else (but I also can't read the stampings from the photos, either).
    Dave

Comment

Hello Dave

Thank you for your reply.The stamps on the prop are:

AERO
      CIS 516

on the hub:516

HIS 220 KS

Regards, Kees

Comment

Well, I guess the next thing I'd do is try to find if "KS" is the abbreviation for "HP" (horsepower) in some lanquage and then see if "CIS" might be an abbreviation for design number, drawing number, series, etc. in the same lanquage.

It also looks like the propeller is a left hand rotation, which would mean it was either for a pusher, or it was for a geared Hisso engine that would make it rotate opposite the usual direction of rotation. (I think some SPADs used the geared Hisso.) Could "KS" mean "left hand" in some lanquage?

You can correlate the Hisso issue by going to this page, taking measurements, and comparing them to the linked chart for engines.

Can you post a close-up picture of the decal?
        Dave

Comment

Hello Dave,

Here is the photo of the decal.I did some "homework" on the internet and searched for Aero. Could it be a Czech aircraft company?

Regards Kees

Comment

It could be a lot of things, I suppose, but I sure don't know what it's from. It looks old and seems to go to an old engine model, so I hope some further research turns up something for you.

Maybe Bob Gardner will have some information. He has been writing several books on wooden propellers and checks in here periodically.
            Dave

Comment

Thank you for your interest.
              Kees

Comment

Working...
              X