Hartzell Wooden Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartzell Wooden Prop

I have a Hartzell wooden prop that my father gave me. I would like to sell it and would like to know approximately what it is worth.
    The design number on the prop is 667\62 (98 ), serial # 19982.
    The prop is in very good condition and has never had any restoration or repair work done on it.
    I am attaching 3 images to help you see what it is like.
    Thank you for your efforts in evaluating this prop for me.

Lou
    Attached Files

You will find the answer to it's usage here: http://www.modernwoodenpropellers.com/hartzell.htm. I think it would sell in the $500 - $800 bracket although it's far from certain in this uncertain market.

Lamar

Comment

Thanks, Lamar, for your information.
      I have 2 other questions if you can please help me.
      1. When was this prop manufactured?
      2. How would it compare in value to a Sensenich prop, model 84CY85, used on a Fairchild 22 C7 aircraft?

I greatly appreciate your expertise and consideration.

Lou

Comment

You're certainly welcome. Your answers:

1. No idea. The manufacturing records were lost a number of years ago, in a fire as I understand it.

2. About equally I suspect, condition being equal. The market is not such that it's possible or even meaningful to try and make such comparisons. Most older wooden props are sold for decoration. The buyer may well not care too much about the prop's application but more on the condition and appearance.

Lamar

Comment

Hey

Hey Lamar have you sold the propeller yet?

Comment

It's not mine, it's bobcatlou's but hopefully he'll see your post here.

Comment

Interested

Hey I'm interested in the prop as well. Please contact me at huffmd1@gmail.com when you have come to an asking price. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X