FE2B boss and Aldam Heaton propeller blade tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FE2B boss and Aldam Heaton propeller blade tips

As a sideline issue relating to my T.6296 research I have been sent quite a few other very interesting photos. Amongst them are a series of photos of an FE2B boss and a pair of Aldam Heaton propeller blade tips. My curator friend said that he thinks the tips are from an SE5a. I said that the curved sheathing at the tips looks a lot more like that found on the FE2 than any SE5a propeller I have seen, or have seen a photo of. He sent me some clearer photos and I noticed that the tips appear to have fabric reinforcement rather than sheathing, which has been doped with PC10. That is standard practice for British propellers, including the T.6296 I am particularly interested in. Further, the company transfer has been applied to the front of the propeller, rather than the rear, indicating that the tips are from a tractor, rather than a pusher aircraft. Initially I assumed that the blade tips are from the same boss as displayed in the vicinity of the tips but now I am mot so sure. Pushers to my knowledge had the company transfers fixed to the underside (rear) face of the propeller, to allow them to be seen. Does anyone know what type of aircraft these propeller blade tips are from?
    Attached Files

I have several propeller tip photo frames and would say it's a total guessing game and could only be an educated guess at best.

Comment

Working...
    X