Wooden prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooden prop

Hello everyone, i'am new to the group but here goes, I've recently acquired this propeller from a mate of mine, it had been at one point hanging in the bar at the old Croydon airport which has long gone, can any one identity it, I was told it might be from an SE 5. Thanks, Mel.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mel6644; 02-21-2019, 08:08 PM. Reason: More pictures

There's nothing in the photo that supports that. The "DG" refers to a drawing (blueprint) that could link to a specific design and application but usually a prefix identifies the manufacturer.

Are there decals on the blades? You'd need to post a photo of the entire prop, but even then it might not be possible to identify it without extensive research, and maybe not even then.

Comment

Wooden prop

Sorry i'am having trouble attaching pictures
      Attached Files

Comment

Wooden prop

The propeller is 8ft long and looks like mahogany there are no transfers on it
        Attached Files

Comment

Well, it really could be almost anything. It's British manufacture and you have the length, pitch and engine use but that's still a long way from identification.

I've looked through a long list of drawing numbers and can't find that one anywhere on the list.

Comment

Working...
          X