Never Mounted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Mounted

I have received a shiny new Sensenich prop. I looked at the numbers and found out it was made in 1964. My grandfather developed an airboat that he tried to sell to the army during the Vietnam war. His boat was called the Susquehanna Skimmer, he lost to a boat called the Hurricane. I don't know how many props he had but I got this one. It is in pristine condition and I was wondering what it was worth, any ideas?

Susquehanna Skimmer

Hello, I don't know how much your prop would be worth, but it is considered rare! Maybe you can help me with something? I'm writing a book about airboats in Vietnam, is your Grandfather still alive and have any contact information? I'm trying to locate a good photograph and any information on the Susquehanna Skimmer. Thanks! Jack

Comment

Thanks for the interest

Jack,

I wish I had some more information for you. Sadly my grandfather passed away 2 years ago. His name was Ken Burrows and he was a pioneer in the avaition industry. He was already an instructor pilot when WWII started, he tried to enlist but the insisted he could be more help as an instructor pilot at a training field near Harrisburg PA. He went on to open his own airport, still going strong today. The Danville airport was his, he owned several single engine planes and taught hundreds of folks to fly.
      He also had an auto repair shop connected to the airport. It was in there he worked on the susquehanna skimmer. My folks remember a little but I was to young. I am heading back to the area for Thanksgiving and will see what I can learn from my folks. As you can imagine all his peers are no longer around.
      Try the library in Danville PA, they may have some information, I wish I could be of more help, I will ask some questions and see if I can get any more information.

Randy

Comment

Thank you

Hi Randy,

I'm sorry to hear that your Grandfather passed away, and I really appreciate your reply and help. That was a great idea to contact the Danville library so I sent them an email to see what they might have. Your Grandfather seemed like a talented and interesting man.

Best regards,
        Jack

Comment

Working...
        X