• Show
Clear All

• prop identify

I have a us propellers inc. prop
    Des 76FGS64
    SER 10804
    RPM 2200
    HP 115
    I would like to find what it was built for or where to find info on this Thanks

This is a tough one to identify. US Propellers primarily made props for target drones (unmanned small aircraft used for target practice). They did make a few conventional aircraft propellers but to my knowledge few details of their design or drawing numbers have survived.

Lamar

Comment

Thank you thats a start at least I now have some kind of an idea of where it came from

Comment

I'm on the road again so I don't have access to my notes but as I recall U.S. Propellers was headquartered at the Burbank, CA airport.

Comment

that could be the decals on the prop say LA thanks

Comment

I was able to find the type certificate number, which is 787, if that's any help (probably isn't), but in the notes section they remark that serial numbers 10000 to 10731 were not approved due to incorrect hub drilling. They were intended for shipment to the Army for use on the Interstate L6 airplane with the Kinner no. 8031 hub. Your serial number is just after that lot, so it may have been for that airplane.
            Dave

Comment

Thank you so much for the info it is so cool to have some kind of an idea of what the prop was intended for my parents and grandparents were around the Santa Rosa airport durning the war and it was I believe a training miltary airport at the time my mom remembers P-38's being there we dont know where my grandfather got the prop or when but as said this info is great Thanks .

Comment

Working...
              X