Need help identifying propeller & worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying propeller & worth

Found this airplane propeller in grandfathers barn. Does anyone know more about it, what year it might be and how to determine it's worth?

This was engraved on it.
    US Propeller, Inc
    DES 43k10107
    SER 20152

Also, what is the best way to research propellers?
    Attached Files

Your prop is the equivalent to Sensenich 72C-42 or 72C-44 listed here: www.modernwoodenpropellers.com/sensenich.htm. The 43K10107 is a US military contract number dated 1943. Your prop is most likely made in '43 or '44.

The best advice I can offer on determining a selling price is to search eBay completed items for wooden props that actually sold. This prop isn't particularly rare so you should may be able to find on very similar.

Lamar

Comment

Thank you!

Thank you very much for your prompt reply and assistance! A great forum!

Comment

One more Prop

No identifying marks on this one....anybody know what it is?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mwilliams View Post
          Found this airplane propeller in grandfathers barn. Does anyone know more about it, what year it might be and how to determine it's worth?

This was engraved on it.
          US Propeller, Inc
          DES 43k10107
          SER 20152

Also, what is the best way to research propellers?
          It is nearly worthless as a collectible. The tips have been cut off. It should be 72" in length. My guess is that it's about 8 inches shorter than that. Also, the hub has been mulitply drilled, possibly for some other use than aircraft.
          Dave

Comment

It's extremely unlikely we can ID it strictly by its appearance.

Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
              It is nearly worthless as a collectible. The tips have been cut off. It should be 72" in length. My guess is that it's about 8 inches shorter than that. Also, the hub has been mulitply drilled, possibly for some other use than aircraft.
              I should have noticed those two facts. I WILL be more careful in the future.

Lamar

Comment

Working...
              X