Sensenich propeller question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich propeller question

My father has had a Sensenich propeller sitting around his house since I was a child and has asked me to sell it for him. I know absolutely nothing about this sort of thing. I was wondering if perhaps a more enlightened individual than myself could give me some more information on this propeller and what a typical asking price would be? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Here is the info:

Model Number: 43K15131A

Serial Number: AF43C6469

"Prop Shop" "renewed at Sensenich Bros Branch Glendale, CA"

The propeller appears to be in excellent condition as far as I can tell... Let me know if there is any other info I can provide that I have not. Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by The Ignorant One; 06-06-2011, 05:30 PM.

The 43K number indicates a 1943 military contract. These contract props have an equivalence to civilian prop design numbers and you will find yours here: http://www.modernwoodenpropellers.co...h_military.htm. You can then look up the civilian design number on the Sensenich page to find the usage of your prop.

Lamar

Comment

Perfect I am finding the following information which seems to be correct. Any idea of a fair asking price for this type of prop or what similar ones have gone for? Thanks for your help!

86RA-61
      Fairchild M 62A,PT-19 (A HUB) - Ranger 6 440 C 3/180
      Fairchild M 62A 3 (A HUB) - Ranger 6 440 C 5/200
      Fairchild PT-19A,B (A HUB) - Ranger 6 440 C 2/180
      Fairchild PT-26 (A HUB) - Ranger 6 440 C 5/200
      Fleet PT-19A (A HUB) - Ranger 6 440 C 2/180
      Fleet PT-26 (A HUB) - Ranger 6 440 C 5/200

Comment

I would suggest looking at the sale price of completed auctions for wooden props that actually sold on eBay. This prop appears there pretty regularly; it's not rare.

Lamar

Comment

Working...
        X