Sensenich, value r/t wood separating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich, value r/t wood separating?

I guess this is a 'modern Sensenich' but the hub area is splitting on the seam and I wonder how much to price because of this? I plan to try Craigslist as I have no way to make a mailing container if sold on Ebay. Thanks for any input! I do have serial # although one digit hard to decipher.
    Attached Files

It looks like the split is on the rear of the hub, which doesn't matter much for a display propeller. But it also looks like it has been "restored", meaning that the fabric, the decals, and the original varnish are gone. That does impact value adversely.

On Craigslist I'd say $100 might move it. On eBay you might get some higher bids. It can be wrapped in bubble wrap and cellophane for shipment by FedEx Ground or UPS.
    Dave

Comment

Sensenich value comment

Thanks so much Dave. I had no idea it had been restored and had such low value.

Comment

As we've all stated, "restoring" a prop dramatically reduces its value.

Craigslist rather limits your audience. You can ship it relatively inexpensively by following these instructions from Dave's web page: http://www.woodenpropeller.com/Shipping_Method.html. I've used the bubble wrap method with excellent results.

Lamar

Comment

Working...
        X