US Propellers 22008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Propellers 22008

My first post here; many thanks to this forum for helping me figure out what I’ve got.

I have a very common US Propellers 22008 drone prop. Not a surplus sale item - my father obtained it while in the army in 1959 while he was a personnel clerk in a Nike anti-aircraft missile battalion at Fort Bliss, near El Paso Texas. He went out out on the range with a recovery crew on his day off, and scavenged it from a drone that had been shot down by a Nike missile in a training exercise.

My dad was a private pilot in his younger years, and liked aviation related items; he kept the prop for all these years, always saying he was going to mount a clock in it. We all forgot about it, and I came across it in storage after he passed recently.

Pictures attached; serial # looks like T041. There is a die struck “TT041” on the hub.

Glad I found it. Who knows, maybe I’ll *gasp* put a clock in it for him.
    Attached Files

Keep it for the grandchildren.

Whatever you do don't try to make it look nicer. You can buy one of those on eBay, but you'll never find one with a family connection that's still in original condition.

Comment

Working...
    X