Original Le Rhone prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Le Rhone prop

Here are some pictures of an original Le Rhone prop that I will soon be posting on e-bay..The prop still has the 'cloth' on the tips but has seen better days...There are slight cracks emitting from a few bolt holes...No other damage..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rustycrate; 02-21-2015, 05:09 PM. Reason: Changed caption

Hi,
    This is what I read:
    PLANE S.4.O[perhaps C]. STANDING R.P.M. 1210 ENG. LE RHONE PART NO 19?31 ??? NO. 84982
    "Geometry" of the markings seems American.
    I don't think Le Rhône made propellers. It's a propeller for a Le Rhône engine, perhaps for a S4C "Tommy", but there is a mismatch between the RPM stamped on the prop and the RPM of the engine (1210 vs 1300). So... ???
    Could you post a close up of the decal? And give the exact length of the prop?
    Regards,
    PM

Comment

You are correct, Pierre-Michel. It's actually a prop for a Thomas Morse Scout. See this thread and this propeller, which is identical I believe, and from the same manufacturer.
      Dave

Comment

Sorry, Dave, I didn't see the other post... Have you an explanation for the RPM mismatch?
        Regards,
        PM

Comment

Originally posted by pmdec View Post
          Sorry, Dave, I didn't see the other post... Have you an explanation for the RPM mismatch?
          Regards,
          PM
          No, other than that mis-stamping seems to be somewhat common.
          Dave

Comment

Dear Rustycrate,

Do please post a close up of the decal!

With kind regards,

Bob
            Bob Gardner
            Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
            http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Bob, in case he doesn't get to it, here's a close up of the Hardman Peck decal, which I think is the same as his prop.
              Dave

Comment

Working...
              X