Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sopwith Pup propeller blueprints?

Hi all,

I'm planning to start making my own Sopwith Pup propeller (the one on top of this forum), but so far I have not been able to find any decent blueprints/drawings/pictures of the propeller.

So, please, if someone has, or knows where to get the information that might help me to get dimensions, shapes, pictures or so, I would appreciate it alot.

Thanks,
    Ilkka

For whatever reason, actual blueprints (drawings) seem to be very hard to find, and I've spent a fair amount of time looking for them.

I do own the propeller shown at the top of the page. I can trace the outline easily enough, but you'd probably need more information than that to make an accurate reproduction. Is this for an airworthy prop or just a decorative reproduction?
    Dave

Comment

Pup

Hi Dave,

I'm planning the prop for the decoration purposes only.

It would be really great if you could sacrifice some of your time to sketch at least outline and sideview with dimensions. And if possible, maybe to take a series of digi-photos from different angles.

You have any idea of what is the pitch of the original? Oh, I read again Pup -page and realized that it's 2,55 meters diameter and 2,61 meters pitch Silly me!

Let me know,
      Ilkka

Comment

I can do that, if you'll post a picture here when its done.

Contact me through the "email" tab below so I can get your contact information.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X