old wood prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old wood prop

Can anyone help me identify this prop? I have an 80+yr old friend who has a prop that needs to be identified. the markings are
    5682 64 DES.86R-64 TC- 81Y F8-4 FG-4.

Please see 86R61 here: http://www.modernwoodenpropellers.com/sensenich.htm. The only difference is the pitch of 64.

Lamar

Comment

lamar, can you give any history on the prop , ie year,origin ect? thanks

Comment

Does your prop have the name Sensenich stamped into the wood on the hub or at a blade root?

Comment

it's my friends. i know the one side doesn't, but i have to check the other side. i think the only markings are the #'s.

Comment

Lamar, it doesn't have a name on the other side. Do you know what kind it is? thanks Joe

Comment

I have a military id of 42K15729. Can anyone define or give me info for it. thanks.

Comment

That tells you that it was manufactured under a 1942 military contract, but the actual manufacture date could be later than that.

The number cross references to 86 -R61, which was used on the Fairchild or Fleet aircraft listed for that number.
                Dave

Comment

thanks dave. i have another #. Do you know what it is? Any help would be apreciated. Thanks DES.86R-64 5682
                  F8-4
                  FG-4
                  TC-81Y

Comment

5682 is probably the serial number. I don't know about the rest. Usually "TC" stands for "type certificate" but it's usually a 3 digit number.
                    Dave

Comment

dave, thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                      X