Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• propeller found in flanders

hello,

I have a propeller with four wings in wood and in reasonably good condition .

can someone tell me the origin of this and say what it is about worth?

we have this propeller already more than 50 years in the family , was always in the pub

The text 160 HP BEARDMORE is on it ....

Thanks for help me with this item,

Buffalo from Belgium (flanders fields)

Beardmore is the engine. Stamped below the engine hp and name is the aircraft, an FE 2b.

Bob Gardner could probably give you a better idea of value, but my guess would be something in the range of $1500 to $2000 (US), keeping in mind that shipping is expensive due to its size.
    Attached Files
    Dave

Comment

Dave, thank you for the information,
      i don't sell the propeller, but want to know the worth of it. My family found it around Ypres in the fields after WW 1

Comment

See this page for information. My guess was based on what looks like fairly rough condition, condition being a very important component of value. There is a huge range of potential values for most older propellers, so it's nearly impossible to determine a specific number with any accuracy, and if you're not disposing of it then its value isn't really important. If it's to insure it, you'd probably need to get it formally appraised.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X