New To Forum - Hope to Identify an old Wooden Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To Forum - Hope to Identify an old Wooden Propeller

I have had this propeller for many years. Dad had it in the garage when I was a kid - early 1950's. Not sure where he got it.

I would like to have good information about it to donate it to a local historical society where I grew up.

So far, all that I seem to have determined is that it was used on an OX5 engine.

Some characters in the stampings are close together and hard to read clearly.

Others are worn or scratched and hard to read.

I would appreciate any assistance in ID-ing this propeller.

Thank you.

N1N
    Attached Files

Please provide a picture of the entire prop and a close up of the stamps that are hard to read. There are hundreds of possibilities for an OX5 engine and you can't determine an aircraft from the photo you provided.

You can tell that it was built for the Signal Corps (S.C. ) but not given Signal Corps number after the prefix, implying that it was never to the point of mounting on an aircraft.

Comment

RE: New To Forum - Hope to Identify an old Wooden Propeller

Thank you, Dave

Here is i photo ot the propeller. The laminated layer with the stampings is separated from the rest of the propeller.

Thanks again,

N1N
      Attached Files

Comment

The hard to read stamps might help. Sometimes their original characters can be inferred.

Comment

RE: New To Forum - Hope to Identify an old Wooden Propeller

Other than the photo that I posted yesterday, I only found a number '2' stamped on the opposite side of the hub, shown in the attached photo.
          Attached Files

Comment

OK, those are just the blade numbers, of no significance in identification. (I thought you said there were some other numbers that were close together or scratched and hard to read.)

Comment

Working...
            X