Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification Request for GB Lewis and Sensenich

Hi,

I ended up with a couple of wooden propellers that I was told are either from the 30s or 40s. I have looked them up in several databases and am unable to identify particulars from the markings on them. I would appreciate any help with this.

One is a G.B. Lewis wooden propeller
    It has markings as follows:
    Ser# 10182
    DES. L110-43
    P.C. 20 T.C. 797

The other is a Sensenich wooden propeller.
    The markings on it are
    Model 766-42
    Ser# F4518

I have attached pictures of these propellers.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Welcome to the Forum.

Unfortunately I have no information on your G.B. Lewis prop.

The picture shows the Sensenich is design number 76C-42 which you will find here: www.modernwoodenpropellers.com/sensenich.htm. According to its serial number it was manufactured between March and September, 1945.

Lamar

Comment

Thanks for the information, Lamar. Would anyone also know the approximate value of the Sensenich?

Comment

So far as pricing goes, with rare exceptions condition is everything. If the hub has been enlarged to accept a clock or barometer it almost destroys the value. The same is true with any other damage, too INCLUDING REFINISHING. I would suggest you search eBay completed auctions for wooden props that have actually sold (ignore the sometimes outrageous asking prices) for props similar to yours and in like condition. This should give you some idea.

Lamar

Comment

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X