90 inch millitary wooden propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 inch millitary wooden propeller

Looking for possible value of this wooden propeller found that is was made for the military between 1932-1942. Model number K24605 and serial number 11-2365 (from what I can read on it). It is 90" inches long from wing tip to wing tip, 8 hole hub, 4" diameter and 6" thick. Has a decal on from OCATSC (Oklahoma City Air Technical Service Command) Recondition Propeller Roadmill.

Look at the military number designations on this page. There is a model 44K24605 which is 90" in length and corresponded to civilian model 90-JA-81, which was used on the Cessna Bobcat with Jacobs engine. Those are fairly common and not particularly hard to find as many manufacturers made them and ended up in surplus. The "44" in that number indicates a 1944 military contract.

Its value is extremely dependent on its condition, which isn't known.
    Dave

Comment

90 inch propeller

thank you for your reply if I got picture would it be possible to get value anywhere

Comment

It's a good start . . .
        Dave

Comment

90" wooden propeller

thnak youi for yoiue response here are some pics I have. these may n ot be the best I can get more.100_0074.jpg

100_0075.jpg

100_0077.jpg

Comment

So, my guess is that if you put it on eBay with a low opening bid it would end up somewhere in the $400 to $700 range, but all it takes to go higher than that is at least two people that believe it's worth more.
            Dave

Comment

90" wooden propeller

thnak yoiu for your input. I"ll try Ebay.

Comment

Working...
              X