• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop ID Assistance

Need some info on the following wood prop:
    Maker: Sensenich
    Model 86R61
    Ser# 64553
    Front of hub has a number 1 next to one of the holes and a number 2 on the opposite side hub hole. What do these two numbers represent?
    Both blades have an early Fairchild Aircraft decal. When were these decals used and for how long?

Thanks for the info.

Tom

Your prop is for a Fairchild M-62 that was later to become the PT-19 primary trainer in WW-II. The M-62 was designed in 1939 and discontinued in 1944. The serial number of your prop indicates it was made beween 1939 (the year the plane was designed) and 1942. The presence of Fairchild decals would indicate to me that it was made earlier rather than later as the primary trainer props didn't have Fairchild decals on them. I would guess 1940 or 41. I have no idea what the numbers 1 and 2 indicate.

Lamar

Comment

The 1 and 2 numbering is simply to identify each blade.
      Dave

Comment

Fairchild M62 Prop

Wgat type of wood was used for these props?

Thanks,
        Tom

Comment

Can anyone give me an estimated value for the Fairchild M62/PT19 prop listed in this thread? The prop is in very very good condition with the Fairchild decals.

Thanks,
          Tom

Comment

Most of those were ash or beech, if I recall correctly. On eBay the final bid prices fluctuate a lot, but I would guess it would sell for something in the $500 to $900 range.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X