Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My propeller decal collection

A note to fellow forumites.

I have a photographic collection of propeller decals, which mostly covers German, French, American, and British decals; a total of about 250. And a few others from Austria and Italy. These decals date from 1912 to the late 1930's. Many of these decals are aged and in poor condition. If you, the reader of this thread, have any good photographs of any prop decal, I would much appreciate a copy.

And I also have about forty real British decals, almost all from WW1, of which about two thirds are on sections of wood cut from a prop blade, the rest on single blades cut from props at the end of WW1. I have so far recorded one hundred and twenty five British makers so I have eighty-five decals left to record. If you have any, I would much appreciate a photograph for my photograph collection. And if you have one of the eighty-five I have yet to find I would I would appreciate the possibility of buying it from you.

I should add that I intend to leave, in due course, copies of my databases to National Authorites such as the British Museum, the Deutsches Technik Museum in Berlin and the Smithsonian in America and also in Britain to the Shuttleworth Collection and the RAF Museum.

With kind regards,

Bob
    Bob Gardner
    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
    http://www.aeroclocks.com
Working...
X