X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller Blueprints

Good morning,

I
    I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping you can help me or point me in the right direction.

What I'm hoping to find are blueprints for a wooden aircraft propeller. I am a patternmaker by trade and my eldest son just recently acquired his
    pilots licence. I was thinking it wound be a lovely idea to make him this
    for Christmas.

So, I am the type of person that if I'm going to do this I have to do it
    right, the right materials and dimensionally correct.

The ones I had in mind are Gipsy Moth, Tiger Moth, Sopwith Camel or Mark I
    Spitfire but I am open to suggestions.

I thank you in advance for you help in my quest.

Phil.

It's extremely rare to find an actual blueprint (drawing) for any of the early propellers, and a few of us have looked for them for quite some time. I suspect that the blueprints themselves were fairly large and difficult enough to store that they were simply discarded when the props became obsolete.

If you do locate one, it's hard to imagine that it would be one of your choosing with respect to the aircraft that used it.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
      I have only just started this search and as stated before I'm open to suggestions.
      Phil.

Comment

You might find that there are still manufacturers of props for the Gypsy and Tiger Moths and they may have blueprints for them.

Another option would be to contact a company that makes full size reproductions. I'd start with Chad Wille at St. Croix Propellers. I believe he's made some for Cole Palen in the past (Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome).

Comment

Why not contact the people who make modern copies for airworthy period aircraft?
          I can't think of any off hand but a bit of research should be easy enough.

Comment

Working...
          X