Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot seeking to identify prop

Good evening everyone,
    I found at the airport today an old wooden prop and wondered what type of aircraft it had been used upon. Nice wood construction, marked U.S. Propellers, eight holes in the base, and on the prop is DES 44K7797 and Seral 4310442. Any thoughts on what it may had flown upon? Thanks everyone.

Tom Branton

Well, the "44K" in the drawing number indicates a 1944 military contract.

The Type Certificate for that is TC787, and it's listed as corresponding to model number 76FGSA-60 (with spinner removed and veneer construction). I can't trace the aircraft, but it is listed as used on a 115 HP engine. A footnote describes that model as being used with a Kinner engine on an Interstate L-6 airplane. While that may not be the application for that propeller, it's a good bet that it is. I don't know how to track it down any further.

Although this shows a Franklin engine, the Interstate L6 on this page has a picture with a US Propellers prop.
    Dave

Comment

Pilot looking for assistance

Dave,
      Thank you so much. The prop will be the first for my collection. I have some hours in a Stearman so perhaps I can look for that prop next. Its great to have found your website and if I can do anything for you in the Houston area please let me know.

Kindest regards,

Tom Branton

Comment

Working...
      X