U.S. Propellers INC I.D. - Model 22048

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Propellers INC I.D. - Model 22048

Hi all, I just purchased a timber propeller and I'm trying to I.D. it.

So far, I've ascertained it is off of a UAV as it is quite short and has red tips.

It was made by U.S. Propellers INC and has these numbers printed on one of the blades:
    SER 43

I've checked the PDF posted by a member on one of the other topics here, but can't really see anything like these numbers.

There are some other numbers as well, but they are smudged and illegible and the printing looks quite different to the other printed stuff so I'm not sure if it was original, or transferred onto the prop via sitting up against something.

Not much to go on I know, but I'd really appreciate if someone could help me.

Cheers, Phill

All I can tell you is that the drawing number appears on quite a few US Propellers that I've seen on a variety of postings, including eBay. They must have been produced in massive numbers and then became obsolete and sold off as surplus.

When these propellers were produced "drone" had a different meaning that it does today. These were typically small target drones that looked like airplanes, not quadcopters.

Comment

I just happened to dig up some links and apparently that model prop was used on the Northrup KD2R5 target drone. Here is a link to a Sensenich prop that lists the same part number.

You'll find a lot of information by Googling "Northrup Shelduck", but evidently over 50,000 were manufactured, so it's no wonder that a lot of propellers were also made.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X