Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flottorp Identification

Hi Folks,
    I have a Flottorp that I can't identify in the identification pages. It is Armor Coated and Grey. It is 74 1/4" long with and 8 hole hub 5" bolt circle. The numbers stamped onto the hub are
    A1 3833 Y
    74 HC 68
    TC754
    PC4

I assume it was off one of my dads planes but he's not with us anymore. He had an Aeronca Champ, Piper PA-12 and a Bellanca Cruiseair. I'd like to identify it and perhaps sell it to someone who would need one. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

That type certificate (TC754) covered a number of models but the 74" ones that I can find applied to a 120 or a 130 HP engine, although I don't know what kind, or what aircraft it was used on. It also looks like the type certificate may have expired April 1, 1944.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks for the info

Dave,
      Thank you for your help.
      Matt

Comment

Flottorp Identification

Matt.
        On the Flottorp prop you have the HC denotes the hub drilling which should be 8 - 3/8" bolts on a 5" bolt circle. This was for the large flange Franklin engines of 165hp which was used on the Bellanca CruiseAir.
        There are still a number of those planes around so if you don't intend on keeping it then you should have no problem selling it. Depending on the condition of the prop it is worth between $700-$1200. Barnstormers.com would be a good place to list it for sale.
        Hope this helps.
        Bob

Comment

Working...
        X