Napier Dagger prop for Hawker Hector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napier Dagger prop for Hawker Hector

The very excellent list by Bob Gardner 'aeroclocks' on this forum details a Watts prop for a RHT Dagger engine, when this is a LHT. As Michaelangelo always left a flaw or assymetry in his portraits as a recognition that true beauty was imperfect, so I see this small issue as only a beauty spot on a superb list.

I have been trying to identify what prop went on this 'country lane' of engine history and it has been very hard. Recently I chanced across a photo that finally showed enough detail on the prop boss to read the following information, either :

Watts Z1310/1 LH 29/9/8
    or
    Watts Z13/0/1 LH 29/9/8

Does anybody recognise which might be the correct sequence of numbers for a 1935 design?

Also if this prop design was common to other LH tractor British radial engines, eg Pegasus, Mercury, Tiger

Thank you,
    Ed

Ed,

Your thread above suggests that I am less than perfect. My wife has long held this view as well.

I'll explore your Watts data and see what I can find.

With kind regards,

Bob
    Bob Gardner
    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
    http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Bob, while you and I might be in the smoking room with cigars and cognac, talking Dagger props, the wives would be in the kitchen talking daggers!

Comment

Too true blue!
        (Couldn't resist the alliteration)
        Bob
        Bob Gardner
        Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
        http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gardner View Post
          I'll explore your Watts data and see what I can find. Bob
          Not snapping at your heels but any luck with deciphering the part numbers

Comment

Working...
          X