Found Vintage Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found Vintage Prop

Was cleaning out a VERY old shed on our property prior to teardown and decided to cut an access hole in the attic to see if anything cool was up there.

Turns out, there was a vintage prop, still crated. Looks like it shipped from Superstrong Containers, Bathborne Hair & Ridgway Chicago.

So I have no idea what I have here short of it being a prop. Was a cool find. Any info would be mucho appreciated. Tags are wore off short of one that says Propeller Inspection Sticker. Thanks guys...

~Jeff~

It's not an aircraft propeller. It's almost certainly a wind generator or air circulator as you often see in vineyards in California and elsewhere. The three hole hub, particularly with the propeller length, would not be consistent with any aircraft application.

The metal sheathing is a little unusual for that application. I'm not really sure why it's there.

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks very much for the reply, takes the mystery out of it for me. I was thinking along the same lines as that but when I seen the "Propeller Inspection" sticker on it it had me thinking otherwise. Thanks very much!

Comment

Does it only one propeller? For, I usually see 3 or 4 propeller in wind generator.

Comment

Working...
        X