Help to identify early propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to identify early propeller

I own a small wooden propeller which I`m trying to identify and value I believe it`s a generator propeller but I would like to identify the aircraft type, Thanks for your help and advice.
    Markings:

T 28153
    W.D.ODDY
    500 Watt
    No 1
    It has 6 holes and is 19" tip to tip.

CIMG1934.jpg

CIMG1937.jpg

I think your assumptions are correct. Bob Gardner may be able to provide some information on identity and value.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave, looking forward to any advice. I`ve discovered that W.D.Oddy was a company in Leeds about 30miles from here. I also believe that it may have been used due to a small repair on the boss. regards Kenny(AA987)

Comment

Hi Kenny,

I assume you are AAC? (I have an Army disability pension thanks to the AAC!)

Your aux prop is a delightful thing to own. It was used on aircraft such as the Vickers Vimy and HP O/400 to generate electricity.

T28153 is the drg no where [I]Tango[I] indicates the Royal Aircraft Factory, which designed it.

I haven't seen an example before made by Oddy. Betjemann usually made these whilst Oddy made T28142.

Its value is around £80.00 GBP. It is generally thought that the value of WW1 aviation artefacts will double over the next five years.

With kind regards,

Bob
        Bob Gardner
        Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
        http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Hi Bob,
          Thanks very much for that, it`s really useful and interesting.
          I was AAC , Army Air 987 was my call sign, I was very fortunate because 987 was also my last "3"
          Thanks again for the info.
          Regards Kenny

Comment

Working...
          X