propeller i.d.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• propeller i.d.

I am new to the site as well as computers so excuse any mistakes as I dont know what I am doing! 40 years ago my father gave me a propeller that had hung on the wall of his machine shop for years. I have kept it with the idea of putting a clock in the hub and I recently stumbled across this sight and thought I might not want to damage it as it is in great original used condition. I used the sights instructions to gather the following information. No decal, 74 inch length, the hub is just 5 3/4 inch dia. 6 bolt at 4 1/4 bolt circle dia. Crank flange marking shows the flange was apx. 5 !/4 dia. It has brass tips and leading edge. there are 3 lines of stamped letters in the wood near the hub. First line-DES A105 40,second line-SER 639, third line-ATC757 .This might be nice for a collector not a stupid wall clock. Any info would be helpfull , age , manufactuter, engine , plane etc . thanks

I can't find that drawing number or Type Certificate number in any of the reference material I have, which includes most Sensenich, Hartzell, Flottorp, Gardner, US Propellers, Fahlin and some other manufacturers.

This one might remain a mystery.
    Dave

Comment

propeller id

I guess it is back to the wall clock mode

Comment

Like Dave I cannot find that drawing number or Type Certificate number in any of the reference material I have, which includes most Sensenich, Hartzell, Flottorp, Gardner, U.S. Propellers, Fahlin and some other manufacturers.

I would strongly encourage you NOT to damage the prop to mount a clock. New information surfaces and yours may be identifiable in the future. I just learned of a new name (new to me anyway) today but I have nothing more yet.

In my opinion, cutting into a prop dramatically reduces its collector value and cannot be reversed.

Lamar

Comment

the prop was given to me in the fiftys and sat on a shelf in the shopfor many years prior to my birth but out in the area of phoenix , arizona then there were alot of crop dusting outfits back then if that is any help

Comment

Working...
          X