Airboat prop ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airboat prop ?

I have a prop which I found in a junkshop some years ago and thought it would make a nice trophy for my local air cadet unit. However, I don't want to present it without knowing what it is. From an internet search, it looks most like an airboat prop, having almost squared ends, but at 27 inch diameter it is quite short, and there aren't many air boats in Scotland. Markings on hub AP92L and T (for top?) on the mounting face. I will try and add a photo.

Yeah, the picture would help. It may be a damaged prop that has been trimmed down. If you haven't taken the photos yet, be sure to get on looking end-on at one of the tips (so you see it in cross-section).
    Dave

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I have since discovered that someone else had previously asked about this prop and posted photographs, but no-one could identify it, apart from saying it had probably been cut down. I will add a photograph of the view along the blade axis, but it will be next week now as I do not have the prop at home.

Comment

Working...
      X