Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lang 24HP Propeller, Value/rarity??

Good Afternoon All,

I found this 78 inch wood "Lang Propeller". From what I could find it's from a 1918 WWI Army "Penquin" trainer. Is that correct? And what would be the value on it? Any info will help! Thanks

Regards,

Jake
    Attached Files

It certainly appears that your assessment about identification is correct. It's not a particularly rare propeller, and it was used on a plane that wasn't even designed to fly, but it is in very good original condition. Actual market value is hard to nail down, but my guess would be something in the $1800 to $2500 range, based on its original condition and its known application. (Don't try to "restore" it. It will be worth less than half of that.)

It will make a nice display propeller for someone.

Comment

Okay, thanks for the input. I don't come across WWl props very often so I snagged it. I'm not sure I'd say it's worth in the thousands though.

Comment

I sold one like it (original condition is critical) for somewhere around that amount. If it's not worth that now it will be some time in the future, so I usually advise to just hang it up as a display piece if you enjoy it and then just enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
        X