Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help Id Sensenich Prop

Hey guys!
    I picked this prop up at a flea market last week and I wanted to list it on eBay but I need to know what I have first.

It is stamped: Model Number 72C42, Ser No. M6349, Sensenich.
    A sticker reads "Especially made for Piper".
    Presently it is 62 inches long but it obviously has damage.

Dose anyone know what plane this would have been on, aprx date and an aprx value?
    I'm kind of out of my area of specialty here.
    Is there anything else I should know when selling this?

THANKS!
    prop1.jpg

prop3.jpg

flea market " value "

While I understand that this was an impulse buy, the decal clearly indicates it was made for a piper cub. That is the easy part. If it was me that had spotted it at a flea market, I would have not paid over $50.00 for it purely because of the obvious prop strike and the resulting damage to this propeller.

That being said, the lure of any potential sale on e bay is always a gamble indeed. Some people like them banged up, some dont. Out of curiosity, may I ask what you paid for it at the flea market?

Be aware of the fact that only the decal on this prop is rare, the prop itself is common and isnt rare.

Sincerely,
    Dennis Hicklin
    Seattle Washington

Comment

Mr Hicklin, it's funny that you mention $50 because that's exactly what I paid for it.
      I figured that it was at least worth that amount.
      Thanks for helping me out.

-Paul

Comment

proposition, no pun intended!

Hey Paul. If you want to avoid all of the hassle of e bay, I will pay you $50.00 for it right now, and if you accept that, I can tell you a cheap safe way to wrap it to mail it to me, I will pay the mailing cost. So the ball is in your court at this point.

Sincerely,
        Dennis Hicklin
        Seattle washington
        206 227 2503.

Comment

Thanks for the offer but I have to at least try to sell this before I just "punt" the ball.
          I lost my job last year, eBay and the flea markets have been my only income since but at least I pay my own way.

eBay' s no hassle to me really, if you want to check it out: http://www.ebay.com/itm/320845073561...84.m1555.l2649

I would love to hear about your shipping method though.
          Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by indianfield View Post
            I would love to hear about your shipping method though.
            Thanks again for your help.
            A prop (or what's left of it) that size can be wrapped in bubble wrap and sent via any of the major carriers. For very secure shipping, wrap in in cellophane, put it between plywood sheets, and inject foam insulation around it. See this link for detailed description, some of which can be ignored due to the short length of this one, or you can click on the link at the bottom of the page showing "other options" for some very simple methods.
            Dave

Comment

Cool, I like the injected foam insulation idea, I almost did that with a 1958 television that I shipped last week.

Comment

cheap wrapping for damaged props.

Hey Paul.
                So very sorry to hear about the loss of your job, indeed one has to do what it takes to survive.

I did check out your e bay link, I noticed that there is only one " good " decal on this prop, as the other one, the bear has faded out, bummer indeed.

Being that the prop you have is damaged on both tips, there really isnt any real concern about further damage. To ship your particular prop cheaply and safely, in a similar way to dave's suggestion is as follows. Wrap it in bubble wrap of at least two thickness's of bubble wrap.

And then with card board obtained from any plastic or plexiglass supply house in your local city, it comes in 4FT x 8FT sheets and they will give it to you for free, I use it all of the time. Wrap the prop with the card board, and just duct tape the hell out of it. Its less weight than with the sandwhich of ply wood, less hassle than with the injected foam. Less weight than a crate. Cheaper to use the U.S. Postal service than UPS, cheaper to NOT insure it in this case as well.

If you dont get what you want for a price on E bay, the offer still stands, ( $50.00 ) and I will pay the shipping cost, which from your city to seattle is over $100.00

I will keep an eye on the prop on e bay to see how you do.

Sincerely,
                Dennis Hicklin
                Seattle Washington
                Attached Files
                Last edited by D.Hicklin; 02-08-2012, 05:05 AM.

Comment

72C-42 Sensenich Wood Propeller

Originally was 72" long (diameter) before damage. Probably used on a 65 HP Continental Engine on a Piper J3 Cub. Propeller manufactured between Jan 1947- Nov. 1948. G. Sensenich, second generation and a former owner of Sensenich Propeller.

Comment

Working...
                  X