Flottorp question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flottorp question

I have a Flottorp propeller that is 75 inches long with a 6 inch diameter, 6 bolt hub. It is stamped with the following:

A2442
    DES 756 - 46 (is 46 the pitch?)

What aircraft/engine combination was it used on? I couldn't find it listed on the Modern Wood Propeller site....
    Dwight

Please look carefully. Is it perhaps 75C-46?

Lamar

Comment

Lamar:
      It is clearly stamped 756 - 46. Both sixes are exactly the same in every detail. Mistake by the factory? I can shoot a picture and email it to you (send me an email address) -- haven't figured out how to use the photo attachment of this web site.
      Dwight

Comment

Lamar:
        Please have a look at this picture of the Flottorp. It is clearly stamped 756-46.
        Hope this new system works...
        Dwight
        Attached Files

Comment

Although it's clearly stamped with a "6", it is possible that the guy who stamped it reached for a stamp that at first looked like a "C" to him, then went "Oops" when he realized that it wasn't really a C. There are props around that clearly have been mis-stamped.

The fact that Flottorp doesn't seem to have any drawing numbers that even resemble that, and considering that your prop is 75 inches in length, I'm beginning to think that perhaps it was simply stamped incorrectly. Wouldn't be the first time. Certainly 75C 46 was a valid Flottorp number.
          Dave

Comment

I'm going to agree with Dave. It is most likely a mis-stamped 75C.

Lamar

Comment

Lamar, Dave:
              Thanks for your input.
              Site is a great improvement - I can actually post pictures!!
              Dwight

Comment

Thanks for the support!
                Dave

Comment

Ditto from me too Dwight. Thank you for your support.

Lamar

Comment

Flottorp 75C46 Prop

Dwight.
                    From the picture the prop has been refinished. Can you post a picture of the complete prop? The DES designation is pre 1940 and I don't see to many of the older Flottorp props. Most of them had straight trailing edges and were 4 to 6 laminations. Because of the lack of information on the Flottorp props I am trying to get a list as the serial number relates to the type of prop manufactured. This will to help identify them.
                    Thanks.
                    Bob

Comment

Working...
                    X