Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identifying Propeller (please)

Hi there.

I just got this wooden propeller for Christmas from my wife. I have no idea what it is. Hopefully the pictures show up OK. Would appreciate any help identifying what it is, what type of plane or other craft it could have come from.

It measures:
    44" long
    4.25" wide at center hub
    2.1" wide at tip
    5 holes, including center hole

There are two sets of numbers in the center:
    551082 and
    44-15

Thank you and Merry Christmas,

Grant
    Attached Files

Help Identifying Propeller (please)

Anybody?? Any ideas??

Comment

I think it's probably an ultralight propeller. It's not a conventional aircraft propeller, virtually all of which have at least 6 or 8 holes in the hub.

The 44 -15 just refers to the length and pitch, in inches. The other number is likely just a serial number, but could be a design number.
      Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave. Appreciate the response. If anyone else has ideas, please let let me know.

Comment

I have to agree with Dave. Only 4 bolt holes, the relatively small overall diameter, the diameter of the center hole and the way it's made all say ultralight to me, too.

Lamar

Comment

Propeller identification

These small engine propllers have been used for many things such as Hovercraft, ultralights and hot air ballon inflators. The four bolt pattern indicates it was probably used on a Briggs & Stratton,Tecumseh or Honda engine. The pitch of 15 is getting pretty small to be used on an ultralight effectively and ballon inflator props usually start around a 20 pitch. I would guess it is for either a hovercraft or a personal powered parachute. The type you strap the engine to your back and then run until you are airborne. (Sounds like fun to me).

Bob

Comment

Working...
            X