Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Looking for info and valuation

Hello,
    I have owned this prop since 1990 and have always been curious on it's value and info?

It's a Sensenich 86" Wooden Prop in great shape with the Lititz Decals.
    Model # 43K15131-A

Any info would be greatly appreciated..

Bryce

Go to this page to look up the military contract number (contract was made in 1943) to see the corresponding civilian number (86RA-61) then find that Sensenich number on the Sensenich page, where several possible aircraft are listed for that model.

You won't be able to determine which of those aircraft it was actually used on.

Value depends on actual condition, but your description of "great shape" is too broad and too subjective.

Comment

Thank you for the info I appreciate you taking the time..I will attempt to post a photo to show actual condition...Anything else needed for a value?

Comment

Originally posted by likearock58 View Post
        Thank you for the info I appreciate you taking the time..I will attempt to post a photo to show actual condition...Anything else needed for a value?
        Value mostly takes into account defects and whether they occurred through normal use or whether the condition was intentionally altered. Keep in mind, however, that the market for old wooden props is small and there isn't sufficient activity to develop value guides like you might find for many other collectibles. It's alway just a range and just a guess.

Comment

Understand, prop seems to be all original with no defects that I know of.
          I will take some photo's and look forward to your opinion. Thanks again

Comment

[ATTACH]7978[/ATTACH]

Comment

I finally was able to attach a photo!

Comment

So I can't tell you what its "value" is, but I think if I were selling it on eBay I would expect something in the $1000 range. If you look through "completed items" on a search for "wooden propeller" you'll find a sale of one similar to yours that sold about a month ago for under $900.

You'll also see dozens of propellers asking for an opening bid of several times that sale amount, and a lot of those have been on eBay for around 6 months, with no interest. It's a very small market, as I mentioned before, so there is a lot of variability in it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your time and quick response....

Comment

Working...
                  X