Sensenich 43K13605

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich 43K13605

I have a Sensenich wooden propeller Model 43K13605. Serial Number is AF43E-0834. It is 90 inches long and has green Sensenich Bros. "SB" Lititz, PA decals on the blades. Also has what appears to be brass edges on the blades. I was told it came off a Cessna T50 or AT17 aircraft similar to the "Songbird" in the old Sky King TV series of the 1950's. I am interested in finding out what it is worth. It seems to be in pretty good shape. I was considering sanding it down and polyurethaning it but it might be worth more to a collector "as is", I don't know. Also I was hesitant to sand it because I didn't want to ruin the decals. Anyone have any knowledge about this prop? Thanks.

Don't do anything to "restore" it. You will lose a huge part of its value in doing so. Find another one like it that's been sanded and do anything you want to that one.

Your information about its usage is correct. Lamar has listed all the military numbers (43 prefix means a 1943 contract) and their civilian equivalent on this page and you can go to his Sensenich page to find a listing of the civilian numbers.

The old "Lititz" decals are more sought after. Propellers of that type in good condition seem to sell anywhere from about $600 up to twice that amount on eBay, but the selling prices vary quite a bit.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks for the info Dave. I guess I'll just try to clean it up with the linseed oil and furniture polish. Haven't decided whether to put it up on Ebay or not. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X