Please help with any info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with any info

I have a Hartzell prop 6.5 feet long light color wood manufactured in Piqua,OH It has 8 bolts and the serial number is 10409 there is another number that is difficult to read but I believe it is DES1PN419. Can anyone give me any info on this.

Is it possible that it says DESIGN 419? If so, it was made for a Great Lakes 2T-1 biplane.

Comment

You are probably right

Thanks. Any idea on if it's value? I posted a few months ago some background.... this prop was found in my mother's house after Katrina in Bay St. Louis MS. Don't know if it came from the gulf or someone's house.

Comment

It's kinda' hard to set a value on it, partly because it depends so much on it's condition, has it ever been modified to hold a clock or barometer, etc. Can you post a picture of it, both overall and as close up as possible?

Lamar

Comment

Pictures

Here is a link to some pics of the prop. It doesn't look like it has been modified. I am trying to sell it but have no idea of the value. Any help is appreciated.

http://memphis.craigslist.org/clt/799438107.html

thanks![/url]

Comment

I would estimate $500 to $800 range.

Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MWP_Lamar
              I would estimate $500 to $800 range.

Lamar
              That's probably close, but one of the unknowns is the hub. If that's an authentic hub (i.e. certified), it may be worth as much as the propeller.
              Dave

Comment

How to know?

Thanks for the help! Is there anyway to know if the hub is authentic?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
                  That's probably close, but one of the unknowns is the hub. If that's an authentic hub (i.e. certified), it may be worth as much as the propeller.
                  You are of course correct. I failed to take the hub into consideration.

Comment

Working...
                  X