What do I have??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identification

Gert has positively identified the prop as coming from a Gnome Rotary engine. The measurements are a perfect fit. The engine could have been used on a Morane-Saulnier H-Type, it has the same dimensions, 250cm, and a right hand turn. He also mentions that it may never be possible to be sure on what plane it was used. The only thing that seem to be sure to me is that it at one point in time it was used to propel a plane of some sorts.

I will now put the propeller on Ebay and see what reactions I will get. I guess it will be up to the new owner to find out more...
    Attached Files

Comment

Sentimental indeed!

And now it begins. I know its just the sentimental element in me that always surfaces, but that cant be helped. Consider this Cliff.

What you have there is a rare piece of history and craftsmanship, and you have it for free. It was in your family, and if it were up to me, it would stay in your family.

Once its sold for money, its gone, and money is common world wide, but that prop is unique and it will not take up much space on a wall or a mantle piece either.

But the sad fact is possibly this. Maybe not now, nor for many years at best, but if it does occur that, there is a slight regret of letting it go to the public via the carnival ride of " EBAY" then the money that will have long been spent that was paid for it, wont get it back.

I think you will be amazed at how much the public will pay for this quite rare piece. But that is my 8 cents worth, its been a pleasure to see the online evolution of this piece. Thanks for all of the dialog and posting of pictures, its greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
      Dennis Hicklin
      Seattle Washington
      Attached Files

Comment

Listing

For anyone interested, here is the ebay listing in the Netherlands.
        http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Wooden-Airpla...item4abe22401e

Comment

Working...
        X